Monday, February 13, 2017

Day 13 of the February challenge

Childhood memory!

Before I get on to the subject, I would like to remind you to ask me down in the comments or anywhere on my social media platforms. You can follow me on Twitter: @CreativeGanger, Google plus: +Creative Ganger, or tumblr: learnnewthingseveryday.

I was living in the Netherlands. I lived in a small town called Voorthuisen, which was in the province of Gelderland. I think the specific memory I am going to share was when I was like five or six. It was a long time ago. I lived in a neighborhood of row houses. There were two row houses across the street from my house and in between was a little playground. There were row houses on each side of mine. But I had a really good friend. I played with her a lot in the playground. Actually I had quite a few friends in the neighborhood. My sister and I would always play outside in the playground with our friends. My friend was in my class at school so I got to see her even more. I mean, I pretty much saw her everyday as if that wasn't enough. Anyways, I really like the times when she and I would have swimming lessons. It wasn't the swimming lessons that was fun, because I think she was in a higher level or something like that. But what was fun about it was the fact that I got to sometime ride home with her or she sometimes got to ride with me home. In the car we always had fun talking and talking. We also enjoyed drinking juice boxes in the car. But what I think is ironic is that I spend so much time talking and playing with her but I don't remember hanging out in her house so often. There were probably some moments but not very many. Sometimes she came to my house. I remember this one time. When she had a birthday party, I was invited to her party, and we went to this place called monkey town which was a climb and slide kind of place. Kind of like an obsticle course and everything but for kids. I was invited to her party, but I was the only boy invited. I think it didn't really matter because I played with her friends just as much as I would with boys. There are a lot of good memories with her. I was probably nine or something like that when I remember she invited me to her birthday party and we went bowling. I was again the only boy invited, but it was still pretty fun. I even still remember the score I made. I scored 80 points and beat one other girl who had 79. I was the winner. In 2010 I moved to Vienna, Austria. I kind of lost connection with her. I kind of regret that. But actually. I visited quite a few times and got to talk to her and see her. But as more years passed I lost connection with her. I only saw her once last summer and that was for a glimpse of a moment. I miss the Netherlands, but ever since I moved, The Netherlands has felt different and not really where I belonged because as years went on, my town has changed so much. My friends were changing churches while I was here in Austria and some stores were changed. I can't really imagine my self living in the netherlands for secondary school. Anyways, that was more than one memory, that was me sharing my time in the Netherlands and moving. I think, if anyone is going throuh a time of moving, that it is the right choice, cause in a couple of years you'll have looked back and realized how much has changed without you.

Thank You for reading! and if you like this story of mine, please share it. And if you haven't seen my latest YouTube video here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWskvr1zsLM&t=33s

No comments:

Post a Comment