Thursday, February 2, 2017

Day 2 of the daily February challenge

Before I get on to the topic, you can follow me on twitter: @CreativeGanger. You can follow me on google plus:  +Creative Ganger   Also, make sure to check out my YouTube channel, obviously called Creative Ganger. Please let me know if you are really interested in my story that I'm brainstorming to be leaked out or just to wait until the chapters are good and grammatically checked. Don't be afraid to tell me any ideas for blog posts you would be interested in. I'm also not sure if I can get comments on here from others, or is it just a setting option I missed? If everything is order comment on one of my posts. I'll be glad to respond and then I'll know that I can receive comments from you guys.

Tips to helping a new person at school become a good friend of yours (I'll include my experiences)

Have you ever felt like you can't make friends, if not I'll try my best to think in your terms. Have you felt like you should wait until he/she introduces themselves to you? If it applies to you, I can relate to you. Are you that person who makes it easy to make friends, or are popular and have no problem introducing yourself to them? Well, I can relate a bit to that too.

First question: Here are some tips for changing your shyness. (I'm sorry for those who are out of school, just think in your daily life, how you can make friends)
  • Try to be your self.
When your being your self, you are honest and people can trust you more.
  • Don't be afraid to have a friend introduce yourself to them.
This is all fine as long as you do say something at least, don't stand there stiff as a board. If you can you can start talking before your friend is talking to the person for you.
  • Don't worry about the way you look.
From what I have observed, is people don't like it when you are trying to change some way you look right in front of them. Look confident and they will notice you, again, more honest and confident.
  • Start by saying your name
Ex: "My name is Micah" (fill in your own name of course) leave out the hi, unless you can make it sound natural and not cheesy.  If you want you can make it sound swag, don't change you yourself.
  • Wait for their response and reply
This is where the conversation can start. Ex: "My name is Micah." then the person says "My name is Jessica" (just an example) "Cool name, what do you like to do for fun" or say "That's a nice name" or if it is a guy "That's a cool name" and it goes on...

Second question: Have you ever felt you had to wait for he/she to introduce themselves first? I have an example. Just recently there was a new kid at my school and he sat right next to me. I was thinking of waiting, plus the bell had rang but the teacher was not in class at the moment. He said his name and the I was like oh cool. Then I told him my name. There are moments when I see a person who is new at school and we are like so close almost facing each other, then I decide to just jump in and say my name. I also like saying my age, I'm still young so I'm still bragging (in my head) about being older. I'm the second oldest kid in my grade, so it feels quite good, though at my school people are used to huge age differences. Just start the conversation and you'll start making a friend.

Third question: Are you that guy who makes friends easily?
I'll tell you about a time when I was growing up in the Netherlands. I was a baby when I moved there. When I was about eight or nine I had many friends because I lived in a little village where I knew most people in my neighborhood. I made friends with my neighbors. I have a friend that has been a friend for quite a long time, his name is Sven. He was one day hanging out with this new kid in the neighborhood. He had apparently just moved in. When he saw me I was like, Yo, my name is Micah. And he was like, cool name. that new kid became a good friend of mine, and we later played Mario Bros Wii and we were a boss at that game. I haven't to this day had contact with the guy, his name was Petrick, and when I moved to Austria. he moved away to get closer to a middelbare school, which is like secondary school. When I visit the Netherlands I have never seen him anymore. But I have contact with Sven and he is still close, and I have a couple more long time friends that I still have contact with.

Anyways, leave a plus on this post and comment on what you think of these tips and experiences. and remember to watch my YouTube videos and to follow me on twitter. You can also follow me on google plus. Thank you for reading this post! I appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment