Thursday, February 23, 2017

Day 23 on the February daily challenge

(Your poisoning my mind!)
Part 2

Lotso rang the doorbell to the house and the little girl's mother opened the door and said, "Greetings! I hope that this place is cleaned up enough for you!" Lotso looked at the little girl who was now 15 and saw disappointment in her face. He was sure it wasn’t just because he was here. Lotso sat down in the living room and the little girl’s mother offered tea for him.

“Little girl, what’s your name?” He said in a rather nice and kind tone. Obviously it didn’t matter what the tone was for her, she still took offense.
“First of all, I am not a little girl. I am 15 years old and I know how to take care of myself! My name is Eileen.” She said.

“I see you can take care of yourself. You managed to run away but you came back after what, one and a half years? You clearly took care of yourself well, what made you come back? Was it perhaps not enough food, or was it you actually deep down in your heart miss your moth-” Lotso got interrupted by the girl.

“-Don’t you dare say mother! I did not come back here because I missed her. I still hate her. She slept with a man who I didn’t get to know well, my mom rushed into things so fast. She forgot who my real father was. Now I have a step brother who I don’t even have time to get to know, I am already to busy, and quite frankly, I don’t even care. I don’t love him.”

“May I ask you what it was like when your biological father was there for you?” Lotso asked with a low tone, he didn’t want her to leave this conversation.
“We were all happy together. My father read to me bible verses every evening. My mother used to go to church with him and we all went together. That whole religious thing worked out, it gave my hope and happiness. But now I know it is all a lie. My dad died after he promised he would come back from work. My mother and I stopped going to church, my mother started swearing for the first time. I left God, I don’t even believe he listens to me, it’s like he wants to destroy all my happiness. Because of that, I have decided to leave that religious stuff. No more of all that nonsense. Stop poisoning my mind about that religious lie!” She exclaimed.

“Look, sometimes, God tests us. God tested me. My mother died of cancer. Two years after that my father died in a car accident. My older brother got our house on fire about a year later. My older brother left us for drinking and drugs. He left us on the streets and just disappeared. My Sister committed suicide about two years later. And one year, I had to live on my own until finally I was taken in by a nice family. My name became Mr. Lotso. Believe it or not, my whole family, when we were all together, were followers of Christ. You see, that’s the thing. People always see Christianity as a cultural religion. And while, yes there are events like the lord’s supper that we keep cultural because that reminds us of Jesus. Christianity really means follower of Jesus. So it really is a relationship rather than a religion. All you have to do is repent and believe that Jesus died for our sins. Then it is just a matter of building that relationship. You may not believe me, but I here every word God is telling me. He is asking you why this test is too hard for you.”


The little girl thought about what Lotso said that night but Lotso could not go home because there was a bad storm. 

To be continued…

Thank you so much for reading this part of my short story. Please let me know what you all want me to write. You can follow me on this blog so that you can always know when a new post comes out. Also check out my Youtube channel called Creative Ganger. Keep a smile on your face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment